Français

Downloading 2022 UFile for personal income tax

Do not tax me

Just like last year, I am having issues with downloading the 2022 income tax program. Everything looks like it is going to work but then it goes into error and says ‘not responding’ (exactly like last year). I know that someone provided a link in the forum and I was, successfully, able to download the 2021. Is anyone having the same problem again?  I am using Windows 10. I never had a problem using the CD in the past and this is the second time having this problem. Thanks all.

On 12/25/2022 at 5:45 PM, Do not tax me said:

Just like last year, I am having issues with downloading the 2022 income tax program. Everything looks like it is going to work but then it goes into error and says ‘not responding’ (exactly like last year). I know that someone provided a link in the forum and I was, successfully, able to download the 2021. Is anyone having the same problem again?  I am using Windows 10. I never had a problem using the CD in the past and this is the second time having this problem. Thanks all.

Yes, same problem. I seem to remember having to edit some startup file 2 or 3 years ago - presumably the same problem. You'd think it would have been fixed?

On 12/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, Do not tax me said:

So I received a reply from UFile. None of this helped and I responded as such.  They gave me links to download the 2022 UFile program from their website and a link to a zip file but when I extracted the program, still didn’t work.  Waiting for further information and will advise when (and if) received.  Stay tuned.

On Dec 25, 2022, at 12:21 PM, UFile for windows helpdesk <ufilewinkb@support.drtax.ca> wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is an automated response. Please consult the links below. If none of the following links answers your question, simply reply to this email to receive further assistance from a member of our support team. NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT OF THIS EMAIL IF YOU REPLY. Please do not create a new support request as this would generate a new automated response. ===============================================         =============================================== You can also visit our website for more information: http://www.drtax.ca/en/UFile/help-support/faq/ufile-windows.aspx Need an answer fast? Our virtual agent, Ask UFile, has answers to all our most frequently asked questions. http://www.drtax.ca/en/UFile/help-support/Ask_ufile.aspx UFile online community UFile introduces a new online community for UFile users. Share your questions, offer answers and learn from our experts. http://community.ufile.ca/

I had the same issue . I use the Windows 10.

This is what i did to fix it. If you have winrar . you can view what is in the ufile2022.exe file and  then highlight the files to extract it into

a different folder.    The file setup.ini needs to  be edited. 

The last line 

Prerequisites=EdgeWebView2 

needs to be updated to 

Prerequisites=Netfx45

After that then run the setup.exe

That worked for me. hope it works for 

image.png.68cbd999a7e56603afa5b559cc5fae60.png

On 12/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Do not tax me said:

So I received a reply from UFile. None of this helped and I responded as such.  They gave me links to download the 2022 UFile program from their website and a link to a zip file but when I extracted the program, still didn’t work.  Waiting for further information and will advise when (and if) received.  Stay tuned.

On Dec 25, 2022, at 12:21 PM, UFile for windows helpdesk <ufilewinkb@support.drtax.ca> wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is an automated response. Please consult the links below. If none of the following links answers your question, simply reply to this email to receive further assistance from a member of our support team. NOTE: DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT OF THIS EMAIL IF YOU REPLY. Please do not create a new support request as this would generate a new automated response. ===============================================         =============================================== You can also visit our website for more information: http://www.drtax.ca/en/UFile/help-support/faq/ufile-windows.aspx Need an answer fast? Our virtual agent, Ask UFile, has answers to all our most frequently asked questions. http://www.drtax.ca/en/UFile/help-support/Ask_ufile.aspx UFile online community UFile introduces a new online community for UFile users. Share your questions, offer answers and learn from our experts. http://community.ufile.ca/

I received another response from UFile and this on worked. Here is the link: https://cdn.ufile.ca/ufile/UF2022AMGH48YHVNENB238L3C9T3Z/ufile2022.zip

When you go to extract the file, only extract the ufile2022 part of the file. This, finally worked for me. Thanks Yan from UFile!🤯👍

On 1/5/2023 at 3:20 PM, Do not tax me said:

I received another response from UFile and this on worked. Here is the link: https://cdn.ufile.ca/ufile/UF2022AMGH48YHVNENB238L3C9T3Z/ufile2022.zip

When you go to extract the file, only extract the ufile2022 part of the file. This, finally worked for me. Thanks Yan from UFile!🤯👍

Thanks for saving me time to open a ticket, that worked

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 3:20 PM, Do not tax me said:

Thanks for this.  It worked for me.

The Ufile setup made available on the website is intended for Windows 64-bit operating systems.

To install the program on an older computer (i. e. 32-bit operating system), without the need to use an extractor or edit any files, you can download the zipped installation file from the the links below.  After clicking on the downloaded ufile2022.zip folder simply click on the setup.exe application file to seamlessly install the program.

English version

Version française

Cheers to Geo123 for the link to the French version.👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...

me too, have the same issue as you, last year is lucky that someone provided a link and help me get into it, this year hopefully will have someone provide the link again and help me to do this set up. Thanks in advance.

The 32 bit installer worked for me. 

Downloaded it today and did not install, with no error message at all. Just an exclamation mark. Having to patch the installer myself last year based on instructions from some random helpful person online, after no response from ufile help, was a bit over the top but I've been using this software forever so didn't really want a change. But not installing two years in a row is getting silly. Lots of people have 32 bit machines. 

Capture2.JPG

• 1 month later...