Jump to content

US dividend income


Recommended Posts

Hello PeteH,

1. On the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" select "Interview setup".

2. On the page that appears on the right, go to the "Investment income and expenses" group, check the box "Foreign income and foreign property (T1135)" and click on "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Foreign income and property".

4- On the right-hand side, select "Income from foreign dividends".

5- Fill out the page accordingly. 

 *Country from where you received the foreign income

If the country signed a tax treaty with Canada, a deduction under 20(11) will not be allowed.

 *Description of the source of the foreign income

 *If you are entering amounts in Canadian dollars, enter 1 for the exchange rate. See the Bank of Canada's website (www.bankofcanada.ca) for exchange rates.

*Exchange rate to apply

*Amount of foreign income received  < - - - ENTER GROSS AMOUNT

*Amount of foreign tax paid < - - - WITHHOLDING TAX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...