Français

CRA Autofill Not working

Boyders

Hello Boyders,

AFR for UFILE will be available at the next release of February 16, 2023. and the CRA website opens for EFILE/NETFILE on February 20, 2023.
However, The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time).
**You can autofill but you cannot transmit until February 20, 2023

Thanks Geo123, much appreciated... 

Would be nice to see that info corrected/updated on the Ufile 2022 download. If I'm reading it right, under their "CRA Auto-Fill My Return" page, UFile currently indicates a Feb 6/2023 activation date. Spent a fair amount of time searching for how to activate, where to activate, and/or trying to update my UFile download.

Although, I am now fairly well read and confident in how to use the system,... when it becomes active.      

So today, January 9th, I cannot utilize autofill?   (The button isn't available?)  I know we cannot submit until the 20th, but I would like to know when I can use autofill to view my return?  And if I should be able to use AFR today - what do I  need to do to get the button?

Hello Jay2,

AFR for UFILE will be available at the next release of February 16, 2023. and the CRA website opens for EFILE/NETFILE on February 20, 2023. However, The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time). **You can autofill but you cannot transmit until February 20, 2023

Geo123,

From what I gather, I should be able to use autofill to populate data on my return now (even though I can't, as no UFile buttons/links to click), and then I can submit my return to CRA on/or after Feb. 20/2023.

You mention the Auto-fill services are unavailable till Feb. 6th. It's currently Feb. 9 and, similar to Jay2, I have no link/button on my version of UFile 2022 to initiate any interaction with CRA to utilize/download data to populate my UFile return. Is there a remedy to this missing link, or is that remedied with the Feb, 16 UFile update?  

On 2/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, Maggie3 said:

Hello Lurch3w4,

You will be able to autofill on or after February 16, 2023

On 2/7/2023 at 4:06 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello Boyders,

AFR for UFILE will be available at the next release of February 16, 2023. and the CRA website opens for EFILE/NETFILE on February 20, 2023.
However, The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time).
**You can autofill but you cannot transmit until February 20, 2023

It is the 16th, 08:20 eastern time, and I'm still unable to use the Auto-fill function.  What's going on?

Likewise - the tab still reads "The CRA's Auto-fill my return service for the delivery of 2022 tax year data will be available for use as of Monday February 6, 2023."

Now being past Feb 16th when the moderators above described this was meant to read, I'm curious when the auto-fill service is slated to start being user ready so that I can complete and conduct my tax filing.

Any news on an updated timeline for the functionality to start working?

Hello Christina416,

Due to technical difficulties, the update scheduled for UFILE ONLINE has been postponed.

Rest assured that we are working diligently to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

UFILE for Windows has been updated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter,

Hello JACU,

Due to technical difficulties, the update scheduled for UFILE ONLINE has been postponed.

Rest assured that we are working diligently to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

UFILE for Windows has been updated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter,

So I have updated my computer, and I still get a error "Error connecting with CRA server. Please try again later." trying to use the Auto -Fill function.  I have tried two different PC's and the same result. Please help this is the only way to get my daughters T4

Hello Zane

Unfortunately we have no control over the AFR download. It can be effected by : Internet speed, computer memory/speed , network latency, CRA Server loads, anti-virus, firewall and the data within the download file.

You should also verify with the CRA if the account log-on is valid.

Like I said I tried two different laptops one is only a year old, my network speed shaw fibre with the highest down load speed and supports 3 xbox's plus streaming TV with zero lag.  I also logged in thru the my CRA of the house hold to retrieve the net file number from the Notice of assesment.  So i posted to see if anyone else was having problems or if someone knew the AFR service was down.

5 minutes ago, Zane said:

Like I said I tried two different laptops one is only a year old, my network speed shaw fibre with the highest down load speed and supports 3 xbox's plus streaming TV with zero lag.  I also logged in thru the my CRA of the house hold to retrieve the net file number from the Notice of assesment.  So i posted to see if anyone else was having problems or if someone knew the AFR service was down.

Funny thing Ufile just did a update and suddenly AFR works

Hello I am having the same issue with uFile. I can't download from CRA it keeps saying" problem connecting with CRA server, please try again later".  I've redownload the uFile, check my internet connection and all good on my end. 

Hello Jamy,

If logging in with “Sign-in Partner login” try “CRA sign-in” (using CRA MyAccount).
You should also verify with the CRA if the account log-on is valid.
• Your antivirus or firewall is preventing the download - temporarily disable to download.
• Could be your Internet Service Provider - then you need to restart the modem (or contact your ISP)
• Check computer time and date and language so the compute can synchronize with the CRA.
• Make sure your account access is up to date.
• If you have Windows 10 or 11, download “Microsoft Edge Webviewer” at the following link (it may not have been bundled in your version): https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?Linkid=2124703
• Use the most recent version of the “Edge” browser.

Check EDGE  browser Settings:
1. Type "Internet options" in the Windows search menu.
2. Click "Internet Options".
3. Click on "Advanced" tab.
4. Scroll to the Security section, then check Use TLS 1.2.
5. Click OK, then close Edge. TLS v1.2 is enabled on the next start of Edge.

Of note can also be effected by : Internet speed, computer memory/speed , network latency, CRA Server loads, anti-virus, firewall and the data within the download file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:16 PM, Jamy said:

Hello I am having the same issue with uFile. I can't download from CRA it keeps saying" problem connecting with CRA server, please try again later".  I've redownload the uFile, check my internet connection and all good on my end. 

I'm having the same problem. I have updated uFile to the latest version but it's still not working. I have tried on two different laptops and I'm getting the same error message on both. It worked perfectly last year, so I'm not sure why its not working this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I could download Autofill information from the CRA website. I could see the information and I selected 'Accept'. It added several forms, however, all the forms are blank. I tried to reload but the result was the same. I bought phone support but could not find the number to call. Any solution ?

I am using Ufile online version on the Google Chrome browser.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, Vineet said:

I could download Autofill information from the CRA website. I could see the information and I selected 'Accept'. It added several forms, however, all the forms are blank. I tried to reload but the result was the same. I bought phone support but could not find the number to call. Any solution ?

I am using Ufile online version on the Google Chrome browser.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue. 

Hello DanielleW13,

If you can logon to the CRA Server and download the forms (but are blank) then there is an issue with the data (or lack of) in the file.  You should contact the CRA or issuer of the slips.  Alternatively, you can enter the slips manually.