Jump to content

Can I claim Moving Expenses?


Recommended Posts

Hello Vidyanand,

You should check with the CRA.  I could not find anything that would confirm your expenses are permitted as the parent of a student (and not a student) and given that you are not moving for your employment.

Line 21900 – Moving expenses: Are you a full-time student?
Note: Line 21900 was line 219 before tax year 2019.
You can claim eligible moving expenses if you moved to be a student in full-time attendance in a post-secondary program at a university, college or other educational institution

To contact the CRA :

1-800-959-8281 for inquiries related to individuals.

Telephone numbers – Canada Revenue Agency / CRA wait times:



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...