Français

Renovation and Repair for a house that then rented in the same year in Quebec, can be deducted from rental income?

ronnyk

Hello ronnk,

You are welcome.

1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the heading "Rental property income".

2. On this section, go to the sub-section entitled "CCA", which already contains the information on your building.

3. On the line for "Description and amount of capital additions", in the first field, enter the description of the item, then enter the amount of  it.

4. On the line for "Application of the half-year rule to the current year's additions", select the option that corresponds to the situation.

5. If you do not wish to claim the CCA for this expense, go to the line "Limit to the CCA of this class" and enter $ 0.00, otherwise enter the amount of CCA you wish to claim that is subjected to the deduction maximum allowable.

This expense will be carried over by the program on page 3 of Form T776, specifically in Area C of this form, and the amount will be added in column 3 of Area A.

• 2 months later...

I stumbled upon a website that sold LED flashlights while browsing through the internet. The website learn more had a user-friendly interface and an extensive range of LED flashlights. I was impressed by the quality of the products and the prices were very reasonable. I decided to place an order for a couple of flashlights, and I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived within a few days. The flashlights were of excellent quality and have been very useful in my daily life. I highly recommend the website to anyone who is looking to buy LED flashlights.