Jump to content

Canada Caregiver Amount - Dependent > 18 want spouse to claim

Recommended Posts

I have an issue, (I believe).  I want to claim the Canada Caregiver Amount from my Dependent Son.  Ufile is forcing, (Family Head) to claim on line 30450, but my income has no benefit, (I have the lower income); but my wife would have a benefit.  I cannot get the system to claim the amount under her, (Spouse of head).

I don't see anywhere that It must be the lower income claim.

My Schedule 5 Line 30450 has his information but my wife's Schedule 5 does not.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks for any help and assistance.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have that and it doesn't.  I just quickly rekeyed 80% of our info with my Wife being the primary and me as the Spouse and let "Let MaxBack Decide" and everything was claimed under my wife.


So for a Dependent over 18 and you claim the Caregiver amount it is defaulting to the Family Head.


I included screenshots of what I am seeing.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 150621.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...