Français

Tuition deductions to the parent who paid or the student who also worked

Mauricio

Hello all,

My daughter started university in 2022, she is 19 and she also worked during the summer of 2022, so she has a T4.

I am doing my taxes and not sure where to put the tuition fees, in her taxes or my taxes?

Do we need a special form from the university? or is it enough with the payment receipt?

Thanks in advance

regards

Mauricio

Your daughter will need to obtain the T2202 form, usually found in the university student account. You can invoke this form in the Interview section and fill out the appropriate data. Ufile will take it from there, and guide you along.

Hello Mauricio,

To qualify, the fees you paid to attend each educational institution must be more than $100.

Tuition fees must be recorded in the file of the student.

1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2. On the page "Interview setup", go to the "Student" group, check the box "Tuition, education, textbook, student loans" as well as any other groups needed to complete your tax return and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select the item "Tuition, education, student loans".

4. On the screen to your right click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Tuition amounts* (line 32300)".

5. On the page that appears, in the section "Tuition, education, textbook amounts (T2202, TL11A, TL11C)", go to the line "Eligible tuition fees paid to Canadian educational institutions for 2019 (enter description in the first field and the amount in the $ field)". If you attended more than one establishment, click on the plus sign "+" on your right and a new field will be added.

6. Enter the number of months of full-time or part-time postsecondary education, if any, based on the information on your T2202 slip. In addition, this information will be included on Schedule 11.

The program will generate federal Schedule 11 to determine tuition fees.

For more information about tuition fees, including tuition transfer and deferral, please visit:

For the CRA:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/t2202.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/p105.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/rc4654.html

Remember that according to CRA rules, you must claim the amounts first on your own federal return (the student), to reduce the tax payable.

Please note that you can carry forward the surplus to a future year or transfer it to a parent or grandparent.

To do this, go to the line "Treatment of unused tuition, education and textbook amounts" and in the field to your right, choose the option that suits you.

• 5 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello Mauricio,

To qualify, the fees you paid to attend each educational institution must be more than $100.

2. On the page "Interview setup", go to the "Student" group, check the box "Tuition, education, textbook, student loans" as well as any other groups needed to complete your tax return and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select the item "Tuition, education, student loans".

4. On the screen to your right click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Tuition amounts* (line 32300)".

5. On the page that appears, in the section "Tuition, education, textbook amounts (T2202, TL11A, TL11C)", go to the line "Eligible tuition fees paid to Canadian educational institutions for 2019 (enter description in the first field and the amount in the $ field)". If you attended more than one establishment, click on the plus sign "+" on your right and a new field will be added.

6. Enter the number of months of full-time or part-time postsecondary education, if any, based on the information on your T2202 slip. In addition, this information will be included on Schedule 11.

For more information about tuition fees, including tuition transfer and deferral, please visit:

For the CRA:

Remember that according to CRA rules, you must claim the amounts first on your own federal return (the student), to reduce the tax payable.

Please note that you can carry forward the surplus to a future year or transfer it to a parent or grandparent.

I was struggling to find the right experts to provide me with a comprehensive literature review, so I decided to turn to social media. I posted about my requirements on different platforms and was pleasantly surprised to receive responses from several professionals. I carefully reviewed their credentials and previous work and selected the ones that I felt would be the best fit for my needs. They were able to provide me with excellent reviews on different literature review help writing , which helped me to gain a deeper understanding of my research topic. I was impressed with their level of knowledge and expertise and would highly recommend them to anyone seeking literature review services.

To do this, go to the line "Treatment of unused tuition, education and textbook amounts" and in the field to your right, choose the option that suits you.

thanks for info

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello Mauricio,

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select the item "Tuition, education, student loans"

Navigating the realms of literary submission can be a quest for discovery, and your curiosity in seeking avenues like PSA for unsolicited submissions to COPPER reflects a commendable eagerness. Embracing the spirit of inquiry, I'd like to share a valuable tool, plagiarism checker (https://essaypro.com/plagiarism-checker), ensuring the authenticity of your creative endeavors. May your writing endeavors be met with open doors at PSA, and as you embark on this literary journey, remember that each submission is a step closer to making your mark in the vibrant tapestry of literary expression. Best wishes on your publishing pursuits!

thanks for such detailed information. Everything is very detailed and step by step

• 1 month later...