Jump to content

Where to enter exam fee


Recommended Posts

Hello ditto917,

Examination fees paid to an educational institution, professional association, provincial ministry or other similar institution, to take an occupational, trade or professional examination that is required to obtain a professional status recognized by federal or provincial statute, or to be licensed or certified as a tradesperson, to allow you to practice the profession or trade in Canada, may be eligible for the tuition tax credit.


Tuition fees must be recorded in the file of the student.

Please follow the steps below:

1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2. On the page "Interview setup", go to the "Student" group, check the box "Tuition, education, textbook, student loans" as well as any other groups needed to complete your tax return and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select the item "Tuition, education, student loans".

4. On the screen to your right click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Tuition amounts* (line 32300)".

5. On the page that appears, in the section "Tuition, education, textbook amounts (T2202, TL11A, TL11C)", go to the line "Eligible tuition fees paid to Canadian educational institutions for 2019 (enter description in the first field and the amount in the $ field)". If you attended more than one establishment, click on the plus sign "+" on your right and a new field will be added.

6. Enter the number of months of full-time or part-time postsecondary education, if any, based on the information on your T2202 slip. In addition, this information will be included on Schedule 11.

The program will generate federal Schedule 11 to determine tuition fees.

For more information about tuition fees, including tuition transfer and deferral, please visit:
For the CRA:




Remember that according to CRA rules, you must claim the amounts first on your own federal return, to reduce the tax payable.

Please note that you can carry forward the surplus to a future year or transfer it to a parent or grandparent.

To do this, go to the line "Treatment of unused tuition, education and textbook amounts" and in the field to your right, choose the option that suits you.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...