Français

Forgot to claim RRSP from 60 first days of 2022 - Can I report on 2023 ?

WPinto

Hi,

Last year, I forgot to report the first 60 days of 2022 (FTQ fond with a RL-10) on my 2021 return.

I thought I could report it in 2023 on my 2022 return. But when filling the FTQ section, there are only two options: March 01 2022 to December 2022 and First 60 days of 2023.

I can leave the period on blank and fill the first 60 days of 2022 on my return of 2022. Is it correct to do it ? Or do I need to adjust my return from 2021 including the contributions of the first 60 days of 2022 ?

Since the FTQ RRSP contributions gives others tax deductions, it is not the same way I would report a regular RRSP. I am not sure what to do.

Thank you.

Hello WPinto,

IF you have a FTQ from the first 60 days of 2021, and it was never reported before, then you have to make an adjustment to your 2021 tax return or if you successfully NetFiled your 2021 tax return you can ReFILE your 2021 return after you have made the entry into your 2021 return.

Refile

UFile allows to ReFILE your tax return for this year and last year . For the prior tax years you should make the adjustment manually.

If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to « NetFile / EFILE » tab. Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom of the page, click "Re-FILE".

NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.

Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

Follow the instructions form the page.

Make the appropriate changes to your file.

***VERY IMPORTANT!  You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE. 

If you have split-pension you must mail it in.***

Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.

Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".

Click "ReFILE my return now!".

Thank you clw.

I was hoping to avoid refile, but oh well.

For my case, living in Quebec, does I need to refile Federal and Quebec separately or UFile will do it automatically ? 

Should I wait the NoA from the refile before file 2022 ? 

Thanks a lot for the help.