Français

Canada Workers Benefit

Jason2019

Can someone tell me if uFiles software automatically selects the Canada Workers Benefit?
My sons 2019 return was just audited as the Canada Workers Benefit was included, and it shouldnt have been as he was a full time student in September.

I am wondering if I made this mistake or did the uFile program add it by mistake?

Hello Jason2019,

Ufile applies Canada Work Benefit only if you are qualified according to the CRA rules.

Be sure to select full time studies (>3) : T2202 Number of months of part-time post-secondary studies (or TL11A/TL11C Column B)24 T2202 Number of months of part-time post-secondary studies (if you were suffering from a major functional deficiency) (or TL11A/TL11C Column B)24 T2202 Number of months of full-time post-secondary studies 6 <----SELECT FULL TIME (or TL11A/TL11C Column C)25

Thanks for the reply Geo.

It did not require me to enter the number of months, and as a result it applied the Canada Work Benefit by default. Shouldn't the program require you to enter that? If so I would have entered it. I had no idea not entering that would apply the credit and as a result of the audit it now says we owe.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 12:29 PM, Jason2019 said:

Can someone tell me if uFiles software automatically selects the Canada Workers Benefit?
My sons 2019 return was just audited as the Canada Workers Benefit was included, and it shouldnt have been as he was a full time student in September.

I am wondering if I made this mistake or did the uFile program add it by mistake?

Hi Jason, I'm having the same issue for 2022 with our child - system automatically calculating a huge benefit and she is not eligible.  I have submitted a technical question as I cannot find out how to clear this from her filing...

Hello JMD,

Canada workers benefit – Eligibility

1. Overview
    2. Eligibility
    3. Claim and apply
    4. How much you can expect to receive

Eligibility

You are eligible for the Canada workers benefit (CWB) if you:

earn working income
    are a resident of Canada throughout the year
    are 19 years of age or older on December 31, or you live with your spouse or common-law partner or your child
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/witb-eligibility.html

• 2 weeks later...