Français

How to claim Foreign money earned and taxes paid while working on a holiday/work visa in Australia 2022?

MIKE F

I worked in Australia from May to December on a Holiday/Work visa 2022. I  earned income and paid Australian taxes on it.

I am a Canadian resident/ citizen and earned income also here in Manitoba from Jan to May 2022.

where do I claim this foreign amount of income and taxes i paid in UFile?

Thanks

Hello Mike F,

It is not clear if you are currently Non Resident or Resident of Canada, either can be done in UFIle.

Non Resident - Select Non resident from Interview  <---- Select according to your status eg. Emmigrated

Resident - Select T1135 - Foreign income or foreign property

>>Foreign non-business income Section >> Foreign employment income 

You report your foreign income on line 10400 and taxes paid in Australia at line 25600. Have a close look at the tax treaty between Canada and Australia to make sure you are deducting the proper amount on line 25600. There may be an additional tax credit to offset the Australian tax.

• 6 months later...

As a Canadian resident/citizen who earned income in both Australia and Manitoba, it's advisable to consult with a tax professional or accountant who specializes in international taxation.
They can guide you through the process of claiming your foreign income and taxes paid. Additionally, you may want to check with the UFile software provider for specific instructions on how to report foreign income in your tax return using their platform.
On a different note, if you're interested in financial planning and retirement strategies, you might want to explore what is a backdoor roth. It can be a valuable addition to your financial toolkit.

• 4 months later...

When you're using UFile, just throw in your foreign income details in the "Foreign Income" or "Foreign Tax Credit" sections. Make sure you've got all the docs for what you earned and paid in Australia. If there's a special spot for Aussie info, pop it in there. And don't forget to grab any tax credits or deductions that fit your situation! Additionally, if you're looking to earn some extra money in your free time with minimal effort, you might want to explore the free wizard of oz slot game. I recently gave it a shot and found it to be an excellent opportunity for both making some extra cash during downtime and a fantastic way to escape the routine. Give it a try and see if it adds a bit of excitement to your free moments!