Français

Schedule 5 Issues

TonyG

My daughter-in-law & son had a baby Oct. 2022. I added the child as a dependant on her Ufile return. The program is supposed to generate a schedule 5 if the filer is eligible to claim the dependant. For some unknown reason this is not happening and Ufile support is no help. Clearly she is eligible for this deduction. Can anyone explain why this is happening. Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem, my review says I need to add schedule 5, but when I click on the message, it goes into the loading screen and nothing happens.. It also does not allows me to file without it, so I'm basically stuck being unable to file.

Any idea how to add the schedule 5 to the file?

Hello TonyG,

Line 30400 – Amount for an eligible dependant
Can you claim an amount for an eligible dependant?

1 Were you single, divorced, separated or widowed and supporting a dependant who lived with you in a home that you maintained, at any time in the tax year?
as the dependant you supported:

2 your parent or grandparent (by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, or adoption)?
your child, grandchild, brother, or sister (by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, or adoption) and under 18 years of age or had an impairment in physical or mental functions?

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-30400-amount-eligible-dependant.html