Jump to content

Non Capital Loss to be applied to and desired carryback amount


Recommended Posts

Hello Zemour,

Requesting a carryback of a loss or tax credit via UFile T2
To request a carry back a loss or tax credit to a prior tax year, complete Schedule 4 Corporation Loss Continuity and Application
    T2SCH4 Corporation Loss Continuity and Application (2006 and later tax years), to ask to carry back a loss
>>In the Interview >> Loss carry forwards and loss carry backs >> Select either:
    >>Capital property loss
    >>Non capital loss

Note - When you request a loss Carryback then the amount is entered into your 202x tax return. When you EFILE, the CRA assesses the loss Carryback and you will receive a new Notice of Assessment with the refund.  The refund will not show in UFILE in 202x.   Although other software may show the refund, it is actually the CRA that calculates the amount and sends you the refund.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...