Français

CCA class 52 missing "Description and amount of capital additions"

Jason N

I tried to enter CCA class 52 but this year the box "Description and amount of capital additions" is missing, causing the amount not being calculated in line 9936 and 9925. I also have assets listed in other CCA classes and they have no issue. 

I checked my return from last year and it had no issue for class 52. I attached here the screenshot from last year and this year to show the missing box.

Could you please fix this?

Thanks

Ufile #52.png

Hello Jason N,

You can not make additions in 2022 to this class (this was corrected from 2021):

Class 52 (100%)

Include in Class 52 with a CCA rate of 100% (with no half-year rule) general-purpose electronic data processing equipment (commonly called computer hardware) and systems software for that equipment, including ancillary data processing equipment, if they were acquired after January 27, 2009, and before February 2011.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/sole-proprietorships-partnerships/report-business-income-expenses/claiming-capital-cost-allowance/classes-depreciable-property.html#class52