Jump to content

My brother is disabled but in nursing home

Recommended Posts

Hello jennhardy19@gmail.com,

Nursing Home
>>Medical >> Specified medical expenses (not claimed elsewhere)
Cost of attendant care
--What can you claim as medical expenses?
Full-time care or specialized care
Generally, you can claim the entire amount you paid for care at any of the following facilities:
    nursing homes (full-time care)
    schools, institutions, or other places (providing care or care and training)
We consider full-time care when a person needs constant care and attendance.

Generally, you cannot claim the entire amount you paid for a retirement home or a home for seniors. However, you can claim salaries and wages for care in such facilities if the care recipient qualifies for the disability tax credit (see Salaries and wages).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...