Français

"Click here to fix" not working.

Simon J

I am getting the folliwng error message at the bottom of the screen:

A required field was left blank.

This error prevents tax calculations. Click here to fix.

However, when I click on the "Click her to fix" link, nothing happens except I the following text appears in the bottom left corner of the screen:

unsafe:unsafe:1|1|~@CG;@G25E6:I1;|~#K*17007:G*25:E*6:I1;#K*12690;1;

Can anyone suggest a fix to this problem?

Thanks

I have  same problem for last few days and reported tp UFILE Customer Service but No body has  answered. Usually  when I reported to U File my system would  not respond and times out after awhile.

3 hours ago, Simon J said:

I am getting the folliwng error message at the bottom of the screen:

A required field was left blank.

This error prevents tax calculations. Click here to fix.

However, when I click on the "Click her to fix" link, nothing happens except I the following text appears in the bottom left corner of the screen:

unsafe:unsafe:1|1|~@CG;@G25E6:I1;|~#K*17007:G*25:E*6:I1;#K*12690;1;

Can anyone suggest a fix to this problem?

Thanks

I have  same problem for last few days and reported tp UFILE Customer Service but No body has  answered. Usually  when I reported to U File my system would  not respond and times out after awhile.

I had the same error and after some troubleshooting I could not fine what the problem was but I realized that the error messages appears only after using the auto fill option and downloading the tax receipts from CRA. 

If I entered them manually no error. 

I see a lot of other technical issues and lack of key functionality reported by other users so i am moving to a different SW, don't have time to waste with Ufile anymore.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:27 AM, Geo123 said:

Hello,

Please go to the Review Section (Tab 3) and click on "This error prevents tax calculations. Click here to fix."

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I tried your suggestion as outlined above but when I do it merely sends me back to the Interview page (Tab 2)where the orginal problem still exists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 5:14 PM, Rahat S. Khan said:

I had this problem when using auto fill for the CRA data. When i looked at what auto filled, I noticed that my T5008 Statement was too large to download, and i had to enter the T5008 manually, and then ALL the errors were gone!

Make sure when you autofill that it dosent miss anything

Having the same issue! Going to messages and clicking "Click here to fix" brings me to my first T4 in the Interview page and doesn't point out the problem. I didn't use Autofill and did it all manually. The first time I went through I didn't have this problem but my taxes owed looked a little off so I went back through to check and that's when I got the unfixable error message.

4 minutes ago, Reid B said:

Having the same issue! Going to messages and clicking "Click here to fix" brings me to my first T4 in the Interview page and doesn't point out the problem. I didn't use Autofill and did it all manually. The first time I went through I didn't have this problem but my taxes owed looked a little off so I went back through to check and that's when I got the unfixable error message.

MY SOLUTION: I just went back and unselected "No" for "Would you like to claim the Quebec tax shield?" and left it blank, then also went in and removed any selections I made where I didn't actually have to fill in information after all and the error message went away. I also deslected "Original" when it asked if my slip was Federally or Provincially amended or if it was the Original. 

After that I went to the Review page and it showed me what I owed. 

Hello Dave Chapman,

Be sure both fields are completed as in the example below :

This T4A slip was issued by    [Ma_pension]

Pension or superannuation

Registered pension plan [016]  [$2,000.00]  < - -  -BE SURE both fields are completed

Lump-sum payments

[102] lump-sum payments - non-resident services transferred to RPP [ 018]  [$111.00] < - -  -BE SURE both fields are completed -