Français

error message when submitting for my kid : The 't1rq:FileReturnRequest' start tag on line 1 position 191 does not match the end tag of 't1:T1Return'. Line 1, position 982

Allam

I have message error :

The 't1rq:FileReturnRequest' start tag on line 1 position 191 does not match the end tag of 't1:T1Return'. Line 1, position 982

My kid has 0 revenu but has credit return from governemetn for athlete high level

The system trasmitted mine and my wife but error for my kid

Any suggestion why i have this error ?

Hey there, Allam!

I just had the same exact same issue for both my sister and I since we file under our parents as dependents.

What you need to do is to;

1) For your kid's file, go to #2 Interview and on the left sidebar, click on "Ontario tax credits."
2) Click on "ON-BEN Application" and click on the +.
3) It will prompt you to look through all the information, but scroll to the final option where it says "Who should receive?" these benefits and simply select let "MaxBack" decide. (This section is about The Ontario Trillium Benefit and Senior Housing Benefits, if I recall correctly.)
4) Click on #5, NETFILE, at the top, and try to file it again for your kid and don't forget to save!

Worked for my sister and I, so hope it works for you!

• 11 months later...

Hello Inna,

CRA:
t1rq:FileReturnRequest start tag on line 1 position 191 does not match the end tag of t1:T1Return line 1, position 981
t1rq:FileReturnRequest' start tag on line 1 position 191 does not match the end tag of 't1:T1Return'. Line 1, position 982

1. This Error will arise if you attempt to NetFile a Return when you selected the option "No, I will mail it" within the NetFile Page under the Interview Tab.  You must be sure to select the option "Yes (if eligible)" instead of “No, I will mail it"
2.The response for  <Does this taxpayer require a tax return?>  was set to  <Let MaxBack decide> and apparently Max decided that a federal return was not needed.  When I set it to <Yes> I was able to netfile the federal return.  
3. For your Dependant’s file, go to #2 Interview and on the left sidebar, click on "Ontario tax credits."
Click on "ON-BEN Application" and click on the +.
It will prompt you to look through all the information, but scroll to the final option where it says "Who should receive?" these benefits and simply select let "MaxBack" decide. (This section is about The Ontario Trillium Benefit and Senior Housing Benefits, if I recall correctly.)
4. had not put the cents in for my income on my business form and once i did it worked
5.Try clearing your cache (Ctl-H) or another broswer eg. From Chrome to Firefox

If none of these clear the error message than you should mail the tax return