Jump to content

Messages reads click to fix. Click and page does not load.


Recommended Posts

Hello criveirte,

Line 25300 – Net capital losses of other years - FYI

RE : Line 25300 - Net capital losses of other years / Line 12700 - Capital gains.
If you have both capital gains and capital losses, you can offset the capital gains with capital losses until you reach zero. If you only have capital losses, the CRA allows you to use the capital loss to offset a capital gain you originally declared in the previous 3 years (Loss carryback), or you are allowed to carry forward the capital loss into the future

Capital Loss Carry Forward
To enter prior year Capital losses please go to :
>>Interview Set Up >> Carryforward amounts and prior year information 
>>Losses of prior years, carrybacks 
>>Select appropriate class eg. Stocks/Bonds =  Net capital losses of other years 
>>Enter Capital loss

Capital Losses will offset capital gains as follows :
CRA : Line 25300 - Net capital losses of other years / Line 12700 - Capital gains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...