Français

T1 Adj cannot find line 13200

Okynnor

I am worried that putting in line 12700 will be wrong because in the return 's schedule 3, it says that if the amount is negative, to not transfer it to line 12700...will this work in the T1Adj?  

Screenshot 2023-04-18 114218.png

Edited by Okynnor
more info

Good day Okynnor

Forget about using the T1-ADJ provided within UFile.

You have two (2) options for making the change.

1) Use the CRA T1-ADJ
T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request - Canada.ca

In the form you can enter any line you wish to adjust

2) Use the ReFILE function within UFile 2021
I assume the 2021 file was filed successfully.

Edited by Papet
posted too soon

1 hour ago, Papet said:

Good day Okynnor

Forget about using the T1-ADJ provided within UFile.

You have two (2) options for making the change.

1) Use the CRA T1-ADJ
T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request - Canada.ca

In the form you can enter any line you wish to adjust

2) Use the ReFILE function within UFile 2021
I assume the 2021 file was filed successfully.

Dang! That's what I was afraid of!  It confirms to me that I can't rely on Ufile Pro for T1 Adj.

I'll do it manually and submit by regular Canada Post. 

The client cannot use ReFile because the client didn't file electronically but by paper. Paper filings will have to be adjusted by paper, I'm afraid. 

Hello Okynnor,

RE If we don't file the loss to adjust 2021 in a T1 adj, how is the CRA going to know?  / Also, if the client leaves us, another accountant won't know. 

>>Information is already with the CRA and will be on the revised NOA.

If it is a Capital Loss it will be carried forward by UFIle next year - no need for the T1 Adj.(and in the Tax Return "Capital gains history (Federal)" as well as all other carry forwards "Summary of carryforward amounts")

3 hours ago, Geo123 said:

Hello Okynnor,

RE If we don't file the loss to adjust 2021 in a T1 adj, how is the CRA going to know?  / Also, if the client leaves us, another accountant won't know. 

>>Information is already with the CRA and will be on the revised NOA.

If it is a Capital Loss it will be carried forward by UFIle next year - no need for the T1 Adj.(and in the Tax Return "Capital gains history (Federal)" as well as all other carry forwards "Summary of carryforward amounts")

I"m sorry but I don't follow. In the 2021 return, the client didn't file the capital gains.

What you're saying is that the CRA doesn't care about that.  It will be adjusted when we file the 2023 return, the new carryforward loss/gain balance will be adjusted then based on the Ufile "Summary of carryfoward amounts". 

Am I understanding this right? 

Is this right? 

Hello Okynnor,

The CRA does care - it is in their files.  The loss will be carried forward, if it can not be used, to the 2023 file, the new carryforward loss/gain balance will reflect the amounts based on the Ufile ""Capital gains history (Federal)". 

On 4/19/2023 at 2:27 PM, Geo123 said:

The CRA does care - it is in their files.  The loss will be carried forward, if it can not be used, to the 2023 file, the new carryforward loss/gain balance will reflect the amounts based on the Ufile ""Capital gains history (Federal)". 

I think that this assumption works if it's dealing with reported capital gains/losses as reported by institutions like banks on users' stock or dividends.  But it won't work for crypto.  Crypto has to be disclosed and a T1 Adj. is needed if it wasn't filed in prior years. In other words for "crypto transactions", CRA DOES NOT KNOW.