Jump to content

How to Represent an In-Kind Transfer of Stock

Recommended Posts

I recently had to transfer all of my employee savings plan stocks to my personal account as I left my previous company. I thought the transfer was of the shares and wouldn't have triggered any taxes how ever when looking at my T4 I have a sizable amount of 'Non eligible retiring allowances'. Does anyone have experience with this line item and is there a way to declare that I just repurchased the same stock with those funds therefore shouldn't be taxed as income?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello David Bauslaugh

T4 -  Non eligible retiring allowances 67

Box 67 of your T4 slip shows the part of your retiring allowance that is not eligible. Report that amount on line 13000 of your income tax and benefit return


For the "In-Kind Transfer of Stock" you should consult with the CRA or a tax advisor as there are various scenarios for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...