Français

UFile 2022 - How to claim the Digital News Subscription tax credit (DNSTC)

Cam H

Ufile 2022 Help Needed - How to claim the Digital News Subscription tax credit (DNSTC)

I’ve used help and searched no luck finding a way to enter the Digital News Subscription tax credit.

Line # 31350

Did find older UFile video (UFile 2020):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxfnEzFszuA

Three recent posts below the video all commenting they can not find Digital News Subscription tax credit in UFile 2022

Video lists an interview question: Other Deductions and Credits (Ufile 2020)

I don't see it listed in Ufile 2022,

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Cam

Hello Cam H,

In the Interview Setup:

Left hand side of screen :

CRA Express NOA

Interview setup < - - - CLICK Here

T4 and employment income

**On the Right Hand side of the Screen ** Go to the Section [Other topics].  Select “Other deductions and credits (including school supply and home buyers' amount)”.

In the Section [Other credits] select “Federal line 31350 - Digital news subscription expenses ‘+’ ”.  Complete the page:

On 4/26/2023 at 5:08 AM, Geo123 said:

Hello Cam H,

In the Interview Setup:

CRA Express NOA

T4 and employment income

**On the Right Hand side of the Screen ** Go to the Section [Other topics].  Select “Other deductions and credits (including school supply and home buyers' amount)”.

In the Section [Other credits] select “Federal line 31350 - Digital news subscription expenses ‘+’ ”.  Complete the page:

Note that it is NOT in the section T4 and employment income, but in the section well *below* that, called "Other deductions and credits (including school supply and home buyers' amount)", as you've explained. I was thrown off by seeing the T4 and employment income line in the post.

I fully concur that UFile Help should have led to this, but did not. I found references to the Digital News Subscription Tax Credit (DNSTC) in the Help, but nowhere did it lead to this extremely hidden spot. UFile,  Please correct this for future years 🙂 . Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 11:49 PM, Cam H said:

Ufile 2022 Help Needed - How to claim the Digital News Subscription tax credit (DNSTC)

I’ve used help and searched no luck finding a way to enter the Digital News Subscription tax credit.

Line # 31350

Did find older UFile video (UFile 2020):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxfnEzFszuA

Three recent posts below the video all commenting they can not find Digital News Subscription tax credit in UFile 2022

Video lists an interview question: Other Deductions and Credits (Ufile 2020)

I don't see it listed in Ufile 2022,

Reveal the magic of countdown timers with the help of an informative tutorial found on the website. Designed to enhance video impact, this guide takes you on a journey of creating dynamic countdown timers to elevate your content. Learn about the various tools how to make a countdown timer and software options available, as well as techniques to tailor the timer to match your branding and messaging. Join me as we dive into the world of countdown timers, where every second counts in making your videos more captivating and memorable.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Cam

It looks very cool and unusual, I've never seen it before.

• 8 months later...

RE:  Ufile 2023

please provide a screen shot to explain this better.

>Interview tab> When I go to T4 employment income

the Other section  there is No Other deductions and credits to be selected?

CRA Express NOA

T4 and employment income

**On the Right Hand side of the Screen ** Go to the Section [Other topics].  Select “Other deductions and credits (including school supply and home buyers' amount)”.

In the Section [Other credits] select “Federal line 31350 - Digital news subscription expenses ‘+’ ”.  Complete the page: