Français

netfile error 't1rq:file return request' start tag on line 1 position 191 does not match the end tag of 't1:T1 Return'. Line 1, position 982

bandeirasharma

Hello bandeirasharma,

This Error will arise if you attempt to NetFile a Return when you selected the option "No, I will mail it" within the NetFile Page under the Interview Tab.  You must be sure to select the option "Yes (if eligible)" instead of “No, I will mail it"

OR

1) For your kid's file, go to #2 Interview and on the left sidebar, click on "Ontario tax credits."
2) Click on "ON-BEN Application" and click on the +.
3) It will prompt you to look through all the information, but scroll to the final option where it says "Who should receive?" these benefits and simply select let "MaxBack" decide. (This section is about The Ontario Trillium Benefit and Senior Housing Benefits, if I recall correctly.)
4) Click on #5, NETFILE, at the top, and try to file it again

OTHERWISE you should mail the tax return.

Hello,

I found out the solution.  The response for <Does this taxpayer require a tax return?> was set to <Let MaxBack decide> and apparently Max decided that a federal return was not needed.  When I set it to <Yes> I was able to netfile the federal return.  Oddly, Max allowed me to file the Quebec (provincial return) with no issues on my first attempt. 

I was able to tell this was the issue by the fact that when I looked for the T1 summary to mail the return it indicated that a return was not deemed as necessary.  Hope it helps someone.  I appreciate the reply.