Français

Help with PPIP and 31205 for Quebec residents working in Ontario

Maila

blank.gifI entered all the info on my taxes. I am a Quebec resident but work in Ontario and received this error message:

You cannot currently NETFILE the federal return. Please review the following reasons, and make corrections when possible. If an (*) appears at the end of an explanation below, it denotes a NETFILE exclusion (i.e. the return cannot be transmitted)."

How do I fix these? I entered my info for CPP contributions for both my employers but had no QPP contributions.

The total of your PPIP insurable earnings exceeds $2000 and you have no PPIP premiums (T4 box 55).

An entry is required on field 31205 or Schedule 10 field 54388 should be less than $2000.

6 hours ago, Maila said:

blank.gifI entered all the info on my taxes. I am a Quebec resident but work in Ontario and received this error message:

You cannot currently NETFILE the federal return. Please review the following reasons, and make corrections when possible. If an (*) appears at the end of an explanation below, it denotes a NETFILE exclusion (i.e. the return cannot be transmitted)."

How do I fix these? I entered my info for CPP contributions for both my employers but had no QPP contributions.

The total of your PPIP insurable earnings exceeds $2000 and you have no PPIP premiums (T4 box 55).

An entry is required on field 31205 or Schedule 10 field 54388 should be less than $2000.

I am having the same error - were you able to fix yours?  I also live in Quebec and work in Ontario

• 11 months later...

I fixed the error, because your working in Ontario and possibly received A RL-1 for your private health insurance plan. The system wants you to add $0.01 in "box 55 - Employee's PPIP PREMIUMS (RL-1 BOX H)"  of the RL-1 that was issued for the private health insurance plan. it will remove both errors.