Français

Saving .u22-file

Yves Marino

• 8 months later...

Thanks Geo123. That is unfortunate for me. I purchased Ufile software to use this year for the first time. For years I've been encouraging people I know to use Ufile online. Now that I am ready to set up and help them do their taxes with Ufile for Windows software, I am discouraged to find they won't be able to provide me with their .u22 files for last year to help me populate the new files 😕

I do find it odd that an individual does not have the right to access their own .u file on requesting it from a tax software provider in Canada. Ought it not be a legal obligation to provide it to an individual tax filer who requests it? Maybe there are good reasons why not? Just putting it out there.

Anyway, thanks again!

Hello jjno,

Sorry to hear this is not the response you hoped for.  The ONLINEE version is actually not a file ie.".u22" file, but rather is in a secure data base.  This data is readily available at any time you wish to access the data.