Français

Additional payment

Majid1415

Hello,
I have already purchased the UFile Online Premium package, specifically for a Family Head with 2 Dependents, and I successfully completed the preparation of my own tax return without any problems. However, when I attempted to submit the taxpayer's file for my spouse, I received the following message: "Review and proceed to checkout. You can still make changes to your tax information (with the exception of your SIN and date of birth) after you make your payment."
I am confused as to why I am being prompted to make an additional payment for my spouse's tax return. Since I have already paid for the UFile Online Premium package, I expected to have access to the features and functionality for both my own tax return and my spouse's.
Please let me know the necessary steps to proceed with the submission of my spouse's tax return without any additional payment.
Regards,
image.thumb.png.5af9d2fb78d5bf83c2a437d2483bd417.png

Hello Majid1415,

You purchased the Family Head Promo versus the Family Promo. It is good for one tax return and two dependants, not a Spouse. The Spouse tax return is $14.00 extra.
Please note that the Spouse is not considered a Dependant.