Jump to content

Can't submit my return


Recommended Posts

I have used UFile for several years without any problem until this year. I used Autofill on my return and my wife's but my OAS pension data was not entered and I failed to notice that before submitting my wife's return. Her return was accepted but after adding the correct data for line 11300 I have been unable to submit my return. I can't use ReFile since I haven't filed. Also can't use t--adj- since I have not already had my incorrect return accepted. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello JBN,

If the return was accepted then you can not file again (it will be rejected by the CRA).  However you can ReFile.

UFile allows to ReFILE  your 2021 (and 2022 tax return) . 
Note for the prior tax years you should make the adjustment: T1-ADJ
1)    If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to « NetFile  » tab [5]. 
-    - - > Federal  [ ] File accepted
Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom right hand side of the page, click "Re-FILE".
“If you need to electronically submit a modified federal return, please return to the left side menu under the interview and select CRA ReFILE.”  < - - - CLICK ReFile
NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
2)    Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
Follow the instructions on the page.
NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
(on the left hand side of the page above Interview setup)
Current address
CRA questions
 CRA ReFILE   < - - --HERE
 CRA Auto-fill my return
 CRA Express NOA

3)    Make the appropriate changes to your file.(same as in “normal” UFile)
**VERY IMPORTANT! ** You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.  If you have split-pension you must mail it in using a T1 - ADJ.  
4)    Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.
Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".
Click "ReFILE my return now!".
(is displayed at bottom right of NetFile screen "Select CRA REfile)
-For Revenu Quebec same process applies but for Revenu Quebec ReFile
Note that cannot refile with Quebec until you have received your assessment

**prior years via CRA T1-ADJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...