Français

International Student

WellDone

Hello WellDone,

To determine if you need to file taxes you will need to determine residency status.

Tuition fees can be either used and / or carried forward.

For income tax purposes, international students studying in Canada are considered to be one of the following types of residents:

resident (includes students who reside in Canada only part of the year)
    non-resident
    deemed resident
    deemed non-resident

Your residency status is based on the residential ties you have with Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/international-students-studying-canada.html

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 5:35 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello WellDone,

To determine if you need to file taxes you will need to determine residency status.

Tuition fees can be either used and / or carried forward.

For income tax purposes, international students studying in Canada are considered to be one of the following types of residents:

resident (includes students who reside in Canada only part of the year)
    non-resident
    deemed resident
    deemed non-resident

Your residency status is based on the residential ties you have with Canada.

The digital landscape unfolded like a vast canvas before me, and amidst its intricacies, I chanced upon residency personal statement a digital atelier, a website that epitomized the intersection of art and intellect. Here, the delicate strokes of pen and keyboard coalesced, giving life to the written word in all its splendor. With a community of passionate essayists, their virtuosity in crafting captivating prose, I found myself at the threshold of an unparalleled experience—an experience that would shape my academic endeavors and awaken within me a newfound appreciation for the power of written expression.

Thanks for the tip.