Jump to content

FTC while filing Canada tax return


Recommended Posts

While I am an Indian citizen, I am a tax resident of Canada. In May 2022, I arrived in Canada. For the first 12 months, my company transfers a portion of my Canadian income to my salary account in India. The sum is withheld from Canada pay. Assuming I was paid 50K (900 CAD) in Indian rupees every month for the first 12 months, I was taxed both in India and in Canada. I cannot claim international tax credits in India since I am not a tax resident. Is it possible to provide this while filing my tax in Canada and therefore lower my tax liability?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...