Français

Override of GIFI field subtotal is incorrect

AC1987

Hi! 

I keep getting this error, but I have gone through the math 5 times and cannot figure out what is not adding up.

The total assets equate to total liabilities and shareholders equity, my net profit is tying correctly.

It tells me I have 22 errors, yet it doesn't tell me where the GIFI override is not working. 

I need help in resolving!

Thanks!

Hello AC1987,

UFile T2 for Corporations will generate an error message if the subtotals or total of your financial statements are overridden.  The totals (fields in bold) are calculated automatically by the software. If you wish to make changes, simply change the items fields and not the totals or subtotals fields.
Note, the fields that are overridden have check mark on the right-hand side of the amount field.
To remove the overrides, untick the box beside the amount field and let the software do calculation automatically.

• 2 months later...

Same issue, I'm finding the software isn't calculating the subtotals and totals correctly. Example: total assets = 7914, total liabilities = 10,337. Therefore, the shareholders equity should be -2423, however, the software is calculating it as: -1607. When I remove the override, I get an error from the system informing me that the total asset does not equal: total liabilities + shareholders equity which is calculates to be 8730.

ufile error.png

Hello Nevar15,

UFile T2 for Corporations will generate an error message if the subtotals or total of your financial statements are overridden.  The totals (fields in bold) are calculated automatically by the software. If you wish to make changes, simply change the items fields and not the totals or subtotals fields.
Note, the fields that are overridden have check mark on the right-hand side of the amount field.
To remove the overrides, untick the box beside the amount field and let the software do calculation automatically.

Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially. Please include above note.
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I have removed the check marks in the check boxes which cleared a number of the errors. However, I still have two GIFI error and no idea what the problem is. 

blank.gif GIFI Errors
Override of GIFI field subtotal is incorrect.

Override of GIFI field subtotal is incorrect.

When I click on the link it takes me to the Income Statement. 

I am using the online version of ufile.