Français

2022 information not transferring to 2023 file

SBev

2022 information saved as a PDF file; format 2022 - First name Last name.  File not password protected but will not import into 2023 document.  How do I transfer all personal information from 2022 into 2023 without retyping everything

Hello SBev,

You can not carry forward the PDF file but should always save your tax return as PDF.  See below for how to carry forward.

How to carry forward UFIle ONLINE: 
Sign in to your UFIle account.  The main page the screen will display :
My Files
Create a new...    [ 2023      ]  [Go !]   < - - - - SELECT here
>> Tax years list
2023  [LAUNCH]  < - - - - SELECT here
>>At the new screen  (with UFIle 2023 logo in right hand corner)
Select  [Start Now on a new tax file]
(Do not select [Import] )
**IMPORTANT : Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically. 
IF No data in file from last year :
IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save the PDF file AND resave the file for the prior year and then restart the 2023 year file.
Please contact us if the software asks you to pay again.
Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE.

UFIle Win carry forward
IF you are using UFile Windows for this year, AND NOT IMPORTING  to UFile ONLINE,  then select [Carry Forward a 2022 tax file] from the UFile windows program.

Thank you.  Even though I could launch the 2023 file, I don't believe the 2023 was showing as the year in the right hand corner.  I deleted and re-launched the information has now been imported.

• 4 weeks later...

By some reason, I carry forward 2022 data in xxxx.u22 to 2023 year file. The xxxx.u22 file is first selected from "Carry Forward" at the start page of UFile 2023. A window appears, showing "Your 2022 tax file has been carried forward to 2034. ......". After clicking OK, the 2023 file only has name and address, while the other information is not forwarded. Several attempts are made by restarting Ufile2023, even the computer. The problem is still the same.

Many thank for your help.

Hello PGoody,

**IMPORTANT : Please note, in order to carry forward a previous year, you must SAVE your tax file to PDF. These actions allow the program to retain your information and carry it forward to the following year automatically.

IF you already created the current year file and did NOT save the prior year as a PDF, then you will have to delete the current year, save the PDF file AND resave the file for the prior year and then restart the 2023 year file.

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE

1 hour ago, Geo123 said:

Hello PGoody,

Also verify that you do not have another username or E_Mail that you were using for UFile ONLINE

Hi, Geo123:

Many thanks for your response. Yes, I did save the 2022 file in PDF and try several times following your instructions. However, the 2022 information was still not carried forward except the name and address. By the way, I am using the PC version of EFile2023 instead of online filling. Many thanks.

Hello PGoody,

You are welcome.  Please contact UFile Support so we may review the file confidentially.  Please include above notes and send the 2022 file please (containing the information to be carried forward)
Please open a request ticket and submit an anonymous file for review on-line at https://www.ufile.ca/contact/contact-us   ATTN : Geo

Thanks

Hi,

I have followed the above instructions posted (delete 2023 file, save 2022 pdf...) but my 2022 information is not carrying forward to 2023. The 2022 pdf was actually already saved from last year.

I've used uFile for years and never encountered this problem before.

Using a mac. I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 7:30 PM, sjim said:

Hi,

I have followed the above instructions posted (delete 2023 file, save 2022 pdf...) but my 2022 information is not carrying forward to 2023. The 2022 pdf was actually already saved from last year.

I've used uFile for years and never encountered this problem before.

Using a mac. I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Thank you. I'll continue troubleshooting to resolve this issue, and I'll update you here with any progress.

I have same situation but I use Windows

• 1 month later...

Hello MCG,

If you wish to ensure that the carryforward information is  indeed carried forward to the following year, then save your previous years completed  tax return to PDF and resave the file.  This action will ensure all carry forward information / amounts are carried forward to the next tax year.

Please note you should only  perform this action, saving to PDF,  prior to starting your new tax return. If you carry forward a previous year to a  file that has been completed, you risk overwriting the information already in your file. 
Please follow these steps:
From the “My Files ” main menu first delete the current/new  tax year.
Launch the previous year’s return and go to the “Tax Return” tab 4.
On the bottom of the Tax Return tab click on “Download PDF”
Then click on “settings” in the upper right corner and “Save and Close”
The page will jump to the “My Files” main menu.
Create the new tax year by selecting “Create a new…” and click “Go!”
Launch the new tax year and your information should be carried forward.
Note: if you have paid for your tax return and you delete the file, the payment will also be deleted.  In this case, please contact us and we will provide a voucher to replace the deleted payment.

Thank you for your response. I am needing clarification with "resave the file"- previous years tax return were already saved in pdf. What type of file should I resave it as? I have tried resaving it as ".u22" and that doesn't work either.

I am also using Ufile for windows and not Ufile on line  so the instructions above are a bit confusing .