Jump to content

How do I enter a property transfer to my spouse in Ufile?

Recommended Posts

In 2023 I transferred the title of a property that I owned to my spouse.  There were no 'proceeds' of the transaction - but I have read that the appropriate value to use is the adjusted cost basis.   Is this information simply entered in the "Real estate, depreciable property, and other properties" form under Capital Gains?  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello thedunkster32,

You generally do not have a capital gain or loss if you give capital property to your spouse or common-law partner, a spousal or common-law partner trust, a joint spousal or common-law partner trust, or an alter ego trust.*


*However situations and / or circumstances may subject you to attribution rules.  It is best to check with the CRA or a tax advisor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...