Jump to content

Retro pay from a previous tax year

Recommended Posts

For 2022 I only received income for one month.  There was a dispute and my benefits were cut off.  The dispute was settled 1.5 years later so I ended up receiving a lump sum payment in 2023 for the 1.5 years I had no income.  My income for 2023 is going to be completely out of line with my normal earnings.  Is there a way to claim this so my taxes are not screwed up.  If I could somehow have my 2022 taxes adjusted so I don't have to list this entire lump sum as income for 2023.

Thanks for any help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...