Français

UFile for Windows 2023 AFR "Error connecting with CRA server"

Hello Jim Burns,

AFR is currently closed.

The CRA's Auto-fill my return service for the delivery of 2023 tax year data will be available for use as of February 19, 2024.

The NETFILE and ReFILE services are now closed for the electronic filing of your initial and amended T1 personal income tax and benefit return. NETFILE and ReFILE services will re-open on Monday, February 19, 2024, at 6:00 a.m. (Eastern Time).

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/digital-services-individuals/netfile-overview/eligibility.html

Until Feb 5th, UFile 2023 said that the AFR service would not be available until Feb 5th. Since then it delivers a "Error connecting with with CRA server". While NETFILE and ReFile are not available until Feb 19th is AFR not supposed to be available now and if so when will this be fixed? It does work for prior year versions of UFile and the CRA help desk told me it was supposed to be working now for 2023 tax data that has already been loaded.

Hello FindlayDJ,

The CRA AFR service is closed.

The CRA's Auto-fill my return service for the delivery of 2023 tax year data will be available for use as of February 19, 2024.

The NETFILE and ReFILE services are now closed for the electronic filing of your initial and amended T1 personal income tax and benefit return. NETFILE and ReFILE services will re-open on Monday, February 19, 2024, at 6:00 a.m. (Eastern Time).

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/digital-services-individuals/netfile-overview/eligibility.html

The link you just reposted does not mention autofill. Below is a portion of the notification of outages from the CRA. It says "Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)" It makes no mention that this restart of the auto-fill service does not apply to posted 2023 tax data.

The following is a response I received from UFile support

The service "Auto-Fill my return" will be available in UFile 2023 in the next version (27.10) from the next week.
Thank you
Regards,
Sritharshini
On behalf of the UFile Team

When will version 27.10 be available so the auto-fill will work?

• The T3 EFILE and T1135 T3 web services will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 19, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Pre-authorized debit web service will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The T1 EFILE, ReFILE and T1134/T1135 web services will be unavailable from 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The transmission web service for authorizing or cancelling a representative will be unavailable from 8:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The Express NOA service will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2024. (Eastern Time)
  • The EFILE online service "Transmission History" will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2024, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 5, 2024. (Eastern Time)

Note: There will be no interruption of service to the following EFILE online services:  "Register for EFILE", "Yearly renewal" and "Account maintenance".

Auto Fill did not work for me.  Returned an error message stating that I have to first register as a representative before I can use the service.

image.png.82b7cd1206ef36c199c9d2d113c9c5f5.png

Why would I have to register as a representative to autofill my own return.

Why won't Ufile use the proper CRA website to login for auto-fill of returns? The website launched by Ufile only contains the direct CRA login or the login partners (banks), discluding the method that I use, Alberta.ca account. This has caused so much wasted time trying to login using these 2 methods, get it together Ufile.

image.thumb.png.fe83a51cf052f52bc2e4a11a100239f2.png

AFR not working for me. I have 231 T5008 slips and I refuse to enter these manually.  It looks like UFile cannot handle this number of form.  Right on the "Download my Informantion" tab they even note that if the download size is too large to enter your forms manually.  This is unacceptable they should let customers know what the limit is so we can switch to Turbo Tax or Profile.

What is the limit???

Hello ALB tax,

Please be advised that for that purposes of downloading your T5008 slips for this tax season we have implemented a maximum download of 50 - 55 T5008 slips. This is due to the very heavy volume load, and the T5008 slips may be incomplete. Example: missing the ACB /cost/book value.Errors may also arise due to downloading of corrupted records, example, null entries.

Our recommendation is to enter only one entry manually from your recap report or the Capital gains realized report you receive from your broker.Please note that it is not necessary to download all your T5008 slips. One manual entry of the total amount showing the Proceeds of disposition and the cost / book value is sufficient.Note that even if you download all the T5008 slips, only the total amount is sent to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and if applicable Revenu Québec. The government agencies have already received copies of these slips and it is not necessary to itemize them in the software.

The brokerage or investment dealer should be able to provide a consolidated statement of activity for the year, with totals.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Katie,

We have no control over the download.  Please contact CRA
1-800-959-8281 for inquiries related to individuals.
 Telephone numbers – Canada Revenue Agency / CRA wait times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html

Note that you can also unput the information manually, eg. T4 / T3 / T5.