Français

First time filler reject error code 16

Ergeweiwu

I am newly registered and when I submit your system says: 

Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us. Most Canadian income tax and benefit returns for 2023, and any balance owing amount, are due on April 30, 2024

Error code(s):16

According to the Canada Revenue Agency's records, you are filing an income tax return for the first time. Please indicate this in your software, enter your first name, second name and last name, and retransmit your return.

I am supper sure I've input all the names in interview, please help me solve this.

Hello Ergeweiwu,

If you’re filing your return for the first time and want to file it using NETFILE, there is a possibility your return might be rejected by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), if they don’t have your complete date of birth on file.

When you file your return electronically, the CRA does several validations of your identity, including verifying your social insurance number and date of birth, with their database. Their system automatically rejects a return if your personal information on your return doesn’t match what they have on record for you.

You can't use NETFILE to file your tax return if you are filing an income tax and benefit return for the first time with the CRA and the CRA does not have your complete date of birth on record. So most people filing for the first time do have to mail in their returns

17 hours ago, Geo123 said:

Hello Ergeweiwu,

If you’re filing your return for the first time and want to file it using NETFILE, there is a possibility your return might be rejected by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), if they don’t have your complete date of birth on file.

When you file your return electronically, the CRA does several validations of your identity, including verifying your social insurance number and date of birth, with their database. Their system automatically rejects a return if your personal information on your return doesn’t match what they have on record for you.

You can't use NETFILE to file your tax return if you are filing an income tax and benefit return for the first time with the CRA and the CRA does not have your complete date of birth on record. So most people filing for the first time do have to mail in their returns

Hello Geo123, I used same content but 2023 can be received by CRA but other years prior 2023 pops up error and reject. Could you contact CRA and solve the system issue?