Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hello Ricklbe,

To enter the amounts from your T5007 slip and your RL-5 slip, please follow the steps below:

1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Interview setup".

2. On the right-hand side of the screen, go to the "Employment and other benefits" group and check the box "Social Assistance, worker's compensation (T5007/RL-5)" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and choose the "Social assistance, worker's comp." option.

4. On the page generated on the right, click the plus "+" icon to the right of the line "RL-5/T5007 - Worker's compensation benefits, social assistance, etc."

5. On the new page that appears, enter the amounts shown on your T5007 and RL-5 in the appropriate fields.

6. If the amount in Box 11 of the T5007 slip is different from Box A of the RL-5 click on the "Maple Leaf" icon to the right and enter the amount in Box A of the RL-5.

The amount will be carried over by the program to lines 14500 and 25000 of the federal return and line 147 of the Quebec return.

For the federal declaration only.

However, if you lived with your spouse or common-law partner when social assistance benefits were received, it is the person with the highest net income who must report all benefits, regardless of the name on the slip.

IMPORTANT: If your net income is the same as that of your spouse or common-law partner, the person named on the T5007 slip must report them, namely the beneficiary designated by the government.

Here is the procedure to follow:

A - The beneficiary must enter in their file the information from their T5007 slip.

B - On line "Did you live with your spouse or common-law partner when you received the benefits?", answer "Yes".

C - On the line "Select the person whose name appears on the slip". From the drop-down menu, choose the person who received the slip or the beneficiary.

However, the person who is not the beneficiary or whose name does not appear on the T5507 slip must report that he has no income.

He or she must report in their file that they have no income. To do this, on the "Left- side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Interview setup" and on the page, that appears on the right, tick the line "No income to report in 2019", and at the bottom of the page click on "Next".

In the beneficiary's federal return, he or she will have the total amount of social assistance payments for the couple shown on line 23600 for net income.

For residents of Quebec, the net income on line 275 will be the same for both (2) persons.

You can file your federal returns via NETFILE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...