Français

Work from Home!

Hello! i didn't file prior yrs. 2021, 2022 and 2023 present  in Ufile  where in ufile can i input this data and show me step by step to input? Then i want to claim my mother-in-law cause he take care of my two sons. Your help much appreciate. Thank you.

Hello T777,

Employment expenses 
NOTE – you require federal form T2200 from your employer
>>Go to Right Hand Screen - Interview SetUp
>> Employment and other benefits >> Employment expenses
*T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 for an employee earning commission income  < - - x2023
*T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 for an employee earning a salary < - - x2023
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an employee earning commission income < -  - -HERE
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an employee earning a salary income  < - - OR-HERE
* T777 - Eligible employment expenses for forestry operations
* T777 - Eligible employment expenses for a salaried musician
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an apprentice vehicle mechanic, painter, body repairer
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for a tradesperson
--------
•    On the "Employment expenses" page that appears, record the name of your employer and all relevant information, please use the form that your employer gave you. Finally, click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
•    To enter your eligible motor vehicle expenses, click on "Motor vehicle expenses" in the "Left side menu on the Interview tab". In this section, choose the appropriate option depending on your situation and complete the page accordingly.*
•    If you received an "Allowance for motor vehicle expenses", enter the amount on the line "Motor vehicle expenses (excl. CCA & interest)".
•    If you worked at home, choose the subsection "Home office expenses" to enter your home office expenses, if you have any.

T777 – Employment expenses – NOT COVID
NOTE – you require federal form T2200 from your employer
>>Go to Right Hand Screen - Interview SetUp
>> Employment and other benefits >> Employment expenses
*T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 for an employee earning commission income  < - - x2023
*T777S - Employment expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19 for an employee earning a salary < - - x2023
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an employee earning commission income < -  - -HERE
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an employee earning a salary income  < - - OR-HERE
* T777 - Eligible employment expenses for forestry operations
* T777 - Eligible employment expenses for a salaried musician
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for an apprentice vehicle mechanic, painter, body repairer
*T777 - Eligible employment expenses for a tradesperson
--------
•    On the "Employment expenses" page that appears, record the name of your employer and all relevant information, please use the form that your employer gave you. Finally, click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
•    To enter your eligible motor vehicle expenses, click on "Motor vehicle expenses" in the "Left side menu on the Interview tab". In this section, choose the appropriate option depending on your situation and complete the page accordingly.*
•    If you received an "Allowance for motor vehicle expenses", enter the amount on the line "Motor vehicle expenses (excl. CCA & interest)".
•    If you worked at home, choose the subsection "Home office expenses" to enter your home office expenses, if you have any.

Amount for an eligible dependent (aka equivalent to spouse amount)
You may be able to claim this amount if, at any time in the year, you met all the following conditions at once:
* You do not have a spouse or common-law partner;
* You supported a dependant in 2023; 
* You lived with the dependant in a home that you maintained. You cannot claim this amount for a person who was only visiting you.
In addition, at the time you met the above conditions, the dependant must also have been either. 
* Your parent or grandparent by blood relationship, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption; 
* Your child, your grandchildren, brother or sister and she is under 18 years of age or has, an impairment in physical or mental functions.

To claim the amount for an eligible dependant, you must first create the dependant's file. To create this file, follow the steps below:
1. On the "Interview" tab, click on "Add dependant" on the line to the right;
2. On the page entitled "Dependant identification", enter the dependant's information. Please note that the lines followed by a red asterisk are mandatory fields.

3. If the dependant is an adult, you must complete the page
"CRA questions", as well as the "Revenu Québec questions" for residents of Quebec and claim the solidarity tax credit.
4. If you have multiple several dependents, repeat step 1.
 Once the dependant's file has been created, and you meet the eligibility criteria (see link below), the program will make the claim for the eligible dependant amount automatically with no additional entries required.
If you have 2 or more children, the program will automatically select the child for whom the eligible dependant amount will be claimed. However, if you want to choose a specific child for this claim, please follow these steps:
 1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" of the child's file, located on the left-hand side, click on "Controls".
2. Then, on the page appearing on the right, select "Let MaxBack decide" to the question "Claim this dependant as the eligible dependant on federal 30400?".
The program will claim the eligible dependant amount on line 30400 of the Federal return, and line 5816 of your provincial forms (other than Quebec, which does not have an equivalent form).
In addition, Schedule 5 will be generated by the program.
For additional information on the eligible dependant amount, please consult this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/deductions-credits-expenses/line-305-amount-eligible-dependant.html

Hello charger45,

Please check with the CRA.

To contact CRA :
1-800-959-8281 for inquiries related to individuals.
 Telephone numbers – Canada Revenue Agency / CRA wait times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html

For Prior years

UFile allows to ReFILE  your 2022 (and 2023 tax return) . 
Note for the prior tax years you should make the adjustment: T1-ADJ
1)    If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to « NetFile  » tab [5]. 
-    - - > Federal  [ ] File accepted
Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom right hand side of the page, click "Re-FILE".
“If you need to electronically submit a modified federal return, please return to the left side menu under the interview and select CRA ReFILE.”  < - - - CLICK ReFile
 image.png
NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
2)    Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
Follow the instructions on the page.
NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
(on the left hand side of the page above Interview setup)
Identification
Current address
CRA questions
 NetFile
 CRA ReFILE   < - - --HERE
 CRA Auto-fill my return
 CRA Express NOA
image.png

3)    Make the appropriate changes to your file.(same as in “normal” UFile)
**VERY IMPORTANT! ** You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.  If you have split-pension you must mail it in using a T1 - ADJ.  
4)    Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.
Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".
Click "ReFILE my return now!".
(is displayed at bottom right of NetFile screen "Select CRA REfile)
-For Revenu Quebec same process applies but for Revenu Quebec ReFile
Note that cannot refile with Quebec until you have received your assessment
**prior years via CRA T1-ADJ
NOTE : You can not ReFile if you did not originally NetFile.  You must do a T1-Adjustment.

----FYI-----------
I’ve told Ufile to maximize my return, considering my wife's interview and my two children's interview. Do I need to refile for my wife as well?
 You only need to REFILE *if you have changed the amounts in the tax returns*. If  no amounts were changed then you cannot and do not need to REFILE.
------------------
The Canada Revenue Agency's T1 EFILE, ReFILE and T1135 web services will stop accepting transmissions of your clients' initial and amended (T1) personal income tax and benefit returns and T1135 forms for T1 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Friday, January 26, 2024, in order to convert our systems for the next filing 
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/digital-services-individuals/netfile-overview/hours-service.html

Hours of service
Time zone     7 days a week
Pacific time     3:00 a.m. to midnight
Mountain time     4:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Central time     5:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Eastern time     6:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
Atlantic time     7:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
Newfoundland time     7:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
You cannot file when the system is not available because of daily system maintenance.

image.png