Jump to content

solidarity & gst credit

Recommended Posts

Hello horseshoe,

Eligibility for the Solidarity Tax Credit

You must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of Quebec. If you have a child or a spouse, you may be eligible even if you are younger than 18 years old. You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or the holder of a temporary resident permit.



GST/HST credit – Eligibility

You are generally eligible for the GST/HST credit if you are:

    At least 19 years old

    If you are under 19 years old, you must meet at least one of the following conditions during the same period:
        you have (or had) a spouse or common-law partner
        you are (or were) a parent and live (or lived) with your child

    A Canadian resident for income tax purposes during:

        The month before the CRA makes a payment

        At the beginning of the month the CRA makes a payment

CRA normally makes GST/HST credit payments in July, October, January, and April.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...