Jump to content

T4A(OAS) preventing Netfile


Recommended Posts

My wife turned 65 in December 2023, and has an Old Age Security T4A.  But UFile say she is not eligible for Netfile because this.  Anyone have a clue how to make this work?

You were age 65 or over on December 31, 2023, and had not received old age security pension - T4A(OAS). CRA need a Confirmation that no old age security pension (T4A(OAS)) was received in 2023. Click here to fix and select Confirmation - You did not receive old age security pension.

I have included the $20.61 in Box 21 on the form, Net supplements paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geo123, I have done that and followed the instruction to put 0.01 in Box 18.  After that UFile says we can Netfile her return.  But CRA says:

March 18, 2024 10:41 AM


Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us. Most Canadian income tax and benefit returns for 2023, and any balance owing amount, are due on April 30, 2024. contact us

Error code(s):90113
One of the following situations applies to your return. Please verify your entries, including the date of birth indicated on your return, and make the necessary corrections. 1. You were 65 years of age or older according to the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) records but you did not report any old age security (OAS) pension on line 11300. If you received OAS pension (the amount, if any, in box 18 of your T4A(OAS) slip), report this income on line 11300. If you did not receive OAS pension, indicate this on your return as instructed by your software. 2. You were less than 65 years of age according to the CRA's records but you reported OAS pension on line 11300. Delete the entry on line 11300 if you were under 65 years of age. If your date of birth on CRA's records is incorrect, call the Individual tax enquiries line to change it and then try sending your return again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...