Français

Electronic payment

Revenu Quebec seems to have two ways to pay a balance owing on-line. One is to register your payment using your social security number. The other way is to use your 20-digit payment code. What's the difference? Is one method more secure than the other? And if I use the payment code method, do I have to re-register for each payment with a new payment code number?

Hello QuebecCanuck,

Note social security number is for the USA, social insurance number is for Canada.

Payment is not done with the software.
For Revenu Québec the TPF-1026.0.2 bordereau de paiement is found in UFIle Tab 4 (tax Return) :
>>Left side of the screen 
*TP-1026.0.1.P - Quebec payment slip  < - - HERE
*Charitable donations (Quebec)
*Medical expenses (Quebec)

Payment
You can pay your balance due online or by cheque or money order.
479 – Balance due
https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/how-to-complete-your-income-tax-return/line-by-line-help/451-to-480-refund-or-balance-due/line-479/

For CRA the payment slip is not found in the software.  You do not need a slip if paying online. You can pay your balance due online or by cheque or money order.  You do not require a voucher if paying on line.  You can order payment vouchers (if needed) from CRA My account. 
CRA Payment : 
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/payments-cra/individual-payments/make-payment.html