Jump to content

Are Loupes (Special Glasses for dentists) deductible as a student expense

Recommended Posts

Hello Marc09,

To claim your tuition fees you must have received one of the following forms from your educational institution:
   * Form T2202, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate
   * Form TL11A, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate – University Outside Canada
    *Form TL11C, Tuition and Enrolment Certificate – Commuter to the United States
    *Form TL11D, Tuition Fees Certificate – Educational Institutions Outside Canada for a Deemed Resident of Canada
Examination fees for licensing or certification
Examination fees paid to an educational institution, professional association, provincial ministry or other similar institution, to take an occupational, trade or professional examination that is required to obtain a professional status recognized by federal or provincial statute, or to be licensed or certified as a tradesperson, to allow you to practice the profession or trade in Canada, may be eligible for the tuition tax credit.
Ancillary fees or charges exceeding $250 and paid in respect of an occupational, trade, or professional examination are not eligible tuition fees unless they are required to be paid by all individuals taking the examination.
You should be provided with a receipt to substantiate your eligible exam fees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...