Jump to content

Foreign account from inheritance

Recommended Posts

Hi all: I received less than 15k Euros from inheritance,  I just cant find where I do declare I have an account in Europe with this money?. Is not gaining interest on the contrary I am losing until I can get  to personally go there.

Where do I report this account?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello MaryBlondqq,

The reporting threshold is  greater than CAD $100,000

Who has to report?

Form T1135, Foreign Income Verification Statement, must be filed by:

    Canadian resident individuals, corporations, and certain trusts that, at any time during the year, own specified foreign property costing more than $100,000
    certain partnerships that hold more than $100,000 of specified foreign property  


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...