Français

Added rental property income and expenses and return is way too high. HELP!

This is my first time doing my return with rental property income and I can't figure out what I've done wrong to result in such a high return. Here are my questions:

- When adding rental expense amounts (of those already listed), I'm listing the total amount I spent, not the pro-rated amounts. Then I've added the % of business use (10% approx) of each expense under 'If less than 100% of an expense above applies to the business, enter the applicable percentage'. Is this right? Or should I be calculating the pro-rated amount myself? I don't know what the 

- What is the 'Percentage of personal use of your rental property' % used for if I've already provided the % of business use on the second page? This one is 90% approx for me.

What else could I have done wrong on the rental property income pages? Any ideas?

Hello gutsygal,

Percentage of personal use of your rental property' %  < = = =TO prorate the total expenses to the Rental. The percentage entered here will be applied globally to reduce all rental expenses accordingly and obtain the deductible amount.

image.png

'If less than 100% of an expense above applies to the business, enter the applicable percentage'. <= = DO not use unless require additional proration

>>example

image.png

>>

image.png