Jump to content

Incorrect Tax Slip Issued by Bank

Recommended Posts

I became a non-resident of Canada on October 1, 2023. 

Prior to leaving Canada, I made a final withdrawal from a RESP I set up for one of my children.  The amount was used by that child for tuition. 

The institution (RBC) issued an N3 form (Statement of Amounts paid to Non-Residents of Canada) in my son's name (who is still resident in Canada).  Typically, they would have issued a T4A.  

How does my son report this on his tax return?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Ldee,

If you received an AIP from a registered education savings plan (RESP) in the year, you may have to pay an additional tax on all or part of the amount shown in box 040 of your T4A slips. Complete Form T1172, Additional Tax on Accumulated Income Payments from RESPs.  In your case it could go into Box 040 BUT please confirm with the CRA

Contact the CRA

1-800-959-8281 for inquiries related to individuals.

 Telephone numbers – Canada Revenue Agency / CRA wait times:







Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...