Jump to content

Where to enter fees paid to investment advisor

Recommended Posts

Hello Toronto Woman,

To report the carrying charges and interest you paid to earn investment income, please follow these steps:
1. On the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".
2. On the right-hand side page, go to the "Investment income and expenses" group, check the box "Interest, investment income and carrying charges/interest expenses/CNIL (T3, T5, T4PS, T5008, RC359)" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
3. Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Interest, investment income and carrying charges".
4. On the right-hand page, choose the "Income" group you have earned and enter the income you have earned, and on which you paid interest or financial expenses.
5. Then, in the "Expenses" group, click on the "plus" sign icon to the right of the line "Carrying charges or interest expenses (line22100)". Complete this page according to your situation.
The program will carry over this amount on line 22100 of your federal return

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...