Jump to content

Manually Inputting Line 31800

Recommended Posts

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to manually input line 31800 using Ufile.  I'm doing the taxes for my parents and want to apply all the DTC towards my mother instead of my father (who has the disability).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello j4kwan,

If you are eligible for the disability tax credit, the Canada Revenue Agency allows you to transfer unused tax credits to your spouse or common-law partner. Before doing this, you first need to claim the necessary amount to reduce your own taxable income to zero. Your spouse can then claim any left over amount.

Line 32600 – Amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner

Completing your tax return

 Complete Schedule 2, Federal Amounts Transferred from your Spouse or Common-law Partner, and enter the result on line 32600 of your return.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...