Jump to content

Question Re T5008 For Common Share Purchases In 2023


Recommended Posts

For the first time in many years I purchased some common shares through my CIBC Investors Services Account. There were no sales of any shares only purchases. I received a T5008 form from CIBC for the share purchase transactions. Do I have to report the amounts on the T5008 on my 2023 tax return? Obviously no capital gains or income for me but do they need me to declare the purchase so they have a record?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...