Jump to content

Investment loss reporting


Recommended Posts

Hi, I have two investment to report from different trading houses.  One has issued t5008 where there is gain.  Second one is loss, but the trading house did not issues t5008, instead they issued a page of statement that the security was written off.

T5008 information is clear and I will report it on "Interest, investment income and carrying charges " section. 

Where do I report the second security?  Do I create a new t5008 my self to report it or add it under " capital gains (or losses) section.  Is there a difference on how CRA treat each section? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...