Jump to content

Supplementary tax declaration

Recommended Posts

Hello, I need to modify my tax declaration for 2022. I made a mistake about my income for 2022 as a self-employee.

this is the first time I have registered with Ufile. I first want to do the supplementary declaration and then apply for 2023.

how should I start to do it? 

thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Maddie-Liu,

UFile allows to ReFILE  your 2022 (and 2023 tax return) .  Note that you must have file with UFile for 2022 for the 2022 ReFile.
Note for the prior tax years you should make the adjustment: T1-ADJ
1)    If you tax return was successfully submitted, go to the 2022 or 2023 file (as required) please go to « NetFile  » tab [5]. - - > Federal  [ ] File accepted
Click on "Federal submission" section. 
Filing status
Federal submission  < - - HERE
Federal T1135 submission
Acknowledgment report

On the bottom right hand side of the page, click "Re-FILE".
“If you need to electronically submit a modified federal return, please return to the left side menu under the interview and select CRA ReFILE.”  < - - - CLICK ReFile


NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
2)    Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
Follow the instructions on the page.
NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.
Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".
(on the left hand side of the page above Interview setup)
Current address
CRA questions
 CRA ReFILE   < - - --HERE
 CRA Auto-fill my return
 CRA Express NOA

3)    Make the appropriate changes to your file.(same as in “normal” UFile)
**VERY IMPORTANT! ** You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.  If you have split-pension you must mail it in using a T1 - ADJ.  
4)    Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.
Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".
Click "ReFILE my return now!".
(is displayed at bottom right of NetFile screen "Select CRA REfile)
-For Revenu Quebec same process applies but for Revenu Quebec ReFile
Note that cannot refile with Quebec until you have received your assessment
**prior years via CRA T1-ADJ


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...


I tried to follow your steps but failed. 

I realized that maybe it's because I have no sin no., I'm a temporary resident and the tax no. is not the regular one.

such situation, it's possible for me to use ufile to declare tax?

I have several requests to do as a foreigner self-employee:

1. modify the 2022 tax declaration

2. create a new account to declare for 2023


if possible, please show me the method, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Maddie-Liu,

If the above REFile was not successful then use a T1 - ADJ.


How to request an adjustment (reassessment) to a tax return

You can use the program to make an adjustment to a tax return that has already been filed. Make sure you have received your notice of assessment before asking for changes to your return.

NOTE: We recommend that you keep your previously filed tax return and prepare separately an amended tax return based on the changes you make. Print this amended tax return and compare it with your original tax return. Take note of the line numbers that are affected, as you will need them when completing your adjustment request.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1- In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click on "Interview setup".

2- On the page that appears to the right, scroll down to the "Other topics" section, check the box for "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and, on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the plus "+" symbol to the right of the form you need, either "T1-ADJ adjust a federal tax return" or for Quebec residents "TP-1.R adjust a Quebec tax return".

4- Select the "Taxation year" you want to correct from the drop-down menu to your right, and then enter the relevant information.

5- For the question "Line number of the jacket regarding the adjustment", choose the one that applies from the drop-down menu. Then, on the next two lines, enter respectively the amount that was claimed on the original tax return, followed by the revised amount to be claimed on the amended tax return.

6- If you have multiple lines to correct, click on "+ Add another" to add additional lines.

7- If you have additional information or explanations, fill out the bottom section. If needed, attach a separate sheet with your adjustment request by recording the necessary information. If applicable, provide also the corresponding line number for the credit.

8- For Québec residents who wish to amend both their federal and Québec returns, in the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click again on "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and repeat the procedure.

9- Once you have completed your adjustment request(s), click on the fourth tab "Tax Return".

10- Double check to make sure the adjustment request(s) are completed correctly. Then, click on the "Print" icon, choose the option "Selected pages" and on the list to the right, select the pages to print, i.e. the forms T1-ADJ (federal) and/or TP-1.R (Quebec). To select multiple pages, press and hold the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard when clicking the pages to print from the list. Finally, click on the button "Start printing".

Please note that you cannot submit an adjustment request electronically via NETFILE. You must print and mail the T1-ADJ and/or the TP-1.R. Be sure to sign your request(s) and provide all supporting documents.

Also, please make sure to include a telephone number where the CRA and/or Revenu Quebec may contact you during the day.

The CRA will send you a Notice of Reassessment once your adjustment request has been processed. Revenu Québec will do the same once they processed your TP-1.R form.


If you wish, you can also amend your tax return online by using "My Account" on the CRA website.


For more information, please visit the following links:

For CRA:


For Revenu Quebec:



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...