Français

Motor Vehicle Expenses and CCA Calculation

I need help by receiving answers for the questions below.

Q1. I entered the total kilometres and the one travelled for business. Should I enter the motor vehicle expnses in full amount and UFile will take care of calculating the percentage, or I should calculate them by myself?

Q2. Under Motor Vehicle Expenses, what does Description and Adjusted Cost Base of the Vehicle means?

Q3. Explanation: I bought a personal vehicle on 6 January 2022. I started using my vehicle for a ride-share business on 1 April 2023. I did the calculation below before plugging the numbers in UFile.

image.thumb.png.df9d89737817949f905decc010039c82.png

Next, I UCC and CCA year 2023 share by multiplying the amounts by (274 (days starting 1 April until 31 December)÷ 365).

The new UCC is 8477.50, and CCA 2,543.25

I need help to check if I entered the right number in the right fields in UFile, also did I miss anything?

image.thumb.png.b763ea31cd6f019282eccd14a33b20a9.png

CCA, Class 10 - 30%

image.thumb.png.601ec516c24eade145461c586af71c71.png

Thank you.

Hello Mehran,

Please see below>>

Q1. I entered the total kilometres and the one travelled for business. Should I enter the motor vehicle expnses in full amount and UFile will take care of calculating the percentage, or I should calculate them by myself?

>>Enter full amount and the expenses will be prorated as per the mileage.

Q2. Under Motor Vehicle Expenses, what does Description and Adjusted Cost Base of the Vehicle means?

>>Adjusted Cost Base is basically the original cost of the vehicle when you purchased it plus any special preparations to the vehicle.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/line-12700-capital-gains/calculating-reporting-your-capital-gains-losses/adjusted-cost-base.html