Français

Home office expenses

HI 

I am claiming my home office for the first time. I am a bit confused around entering the % of use. Are we to enter the work related use in the Personal line or is this to be the amount minus the work space. ie 10% work = 90% personal use. I have enter in the totals of the other expense as I am thinking Ufile calcutales those bases on the % given.

Thanks

Hello Sueanne,

Employment expenses - Employee earning a salary /OR/Commission

>> Home office expenses

Percentage (%) of home being used for personal purposes   90% < = = 10% will be considered for home office expenses

image.png

If you are working in a designated room 
Since the room is used only for work, the percentage Of your home used as a work space is also the percentage Of your 
work space used for employment purposes. 
A = Size of work space (designated room or shared area) 
B = Total finished area of home 
C = Percentage of your home that you used as a work space (rounded two decimal places) 
C AE x 100 

If you are working in a common (shared) area 
You need to calculate the percentage of the work space that was used for employment purposes by providing the 
numbers of hours worked in that space within a calendar week (7 days or 168 hours). 
D = Number of hours (hours worked in a work week) 
E = 168 hours 
F=D/E 
C = Percentage of your home that you used as a work space (rounded two decimal places) 
C = A/B x F x 100